2) Don’t worry that you can’t give your kids the best of everything. Give them YOUR very best.
3) Encourage your children to have a part-time job after the age of 16.
4) Teach your children the value of money and saving.
5) Every day, show your family how much you love them with your words, with your touch and with your thoughtfulness.
6) When tempted to criticize your parents, spouse or children, bite your tongue.
7) Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.
8) Just to see how it feels, for the next 24 hours refrain from criticizing anybody or anything.
9) Listen to your children.
10) Let your children overhear you saying complimentary things about them to other adults.
11) Work hard to create in your children a good self-image. It’s the most important thing you can do to ensure their success.
12) Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life-and-death matters, nothing is as important as it first seems.